To start collecting social registrations with Napster you need to get your Napster app up and running.
Create Your App on Napster
1. Log into Napster at the developer site
2. Click on Add New App under Your Apps
3. Fill in your app description
In the Description section, don't worry about being too detailed. Something like "I'm creating an app to monitor my customers/fans across different social networks" should do.
The main one you need to add for AE purposes here is CallBack URL which needs to be set to: https://theappreciationengine.com/NapsterAuthenticator_Controller
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan you'll have a custom domain. Make sure to add it in front. E.g.https://sony.theappreciationengine.com/NapsterAuthenticator_Controller
The other fields, e.g. Platform and Description, are totally up to you. Fill these in then press the Create New App button.
You'll get a message that you've been successful and your new app details will appear under "Your Apps". Click on it to go to the app details. You'll see your API Key and API Secret here.
Setup Your Napster App on AE
1. Go back to your AE dashboard tab
If you don't already have AE open, go to another tab and log into your AE dashboard account. Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
2. In the Connect Your Social Apps section, select the Napster icon
3. Copy your API Key and API Secret into the AE window and press the Activate service button
4. You can see your Napster app is live with AE
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.