To start collecting social registrations with Twitch you need to get your Twitch app up and running. Here's how:
Create Your App on Twitch
1. Sign into Twitch at the Twitch Apps site
2. Click on Your Console then Register Your Application
3. Fill in your app details
Most sections are pretty straightforward. Where it requests a OAuth Redirect URLs, paste the following: https://theappreciationengine.com/TwitchAuthenticator_Controller
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan you'll have a custom domain. Make sure to add it in front. E.g.https://sony.theappreciationengine.com/TwitchAuthenticator_Controller
Fill in your details and press the Create button.
4. Successfully registered!
You'll get a message you've been successful and your new app details will appear below.
5. Click the Manage button to see your new credentials
Setup Your Twitch App on AE
1. Go back to your AE dashboard tab
If you're using the walkthrough, skip ahead to step #13. If you don't have AE open already, open a new tab and log into your AE dashboard account. Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
2. In the "Connect Your Social Apps" section, Select the Twitch icon
3. Copy your Client ID and Client Secret over to the AE window and press the Activate service button
4. You can see your Twitch app is live with AE
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.