To start collecting social registrations with Spotify, you need to get your Spotify app up and running. Watch the video or read our step-by-step instructions to find out how.
Create Your App on Spotify
1. Head over to the Spotify developer site and log in or create an account
2. Click on Dashboard, found in the top menu bar. Then click the button "Create a client ID"
3. Fill in the fields it asks for and press the Next button
4. Are you developing a commercial integration?
For most of our clients, the answer to this question is yes.
If you chose yes, you'll have to provide some more information about your app
You'll be notified that your app was successfully created and you'll see this screen. But we're not quite done yet. Click Edit Settings.
6. Fill in your app details
All the fields are pretty straightforward except "Redirect URIs." You'll need to set this to https://theappreciationengine.com/SpotifyAuthenticator_Controller
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan, you'll have a custom domain. Paste that into this field. E.g. https://nike.theappreciationengine.com/SpotifyAuthenticator_Controller
Then click the green Add button next to the field. The URL should appear in green as above- that means you're good to go! Scroll down and hit Save.
7. Click "show client secret" and copy it.
Setup Your Spotify App in AE
1. Go back to your AE dashboard tab.
If you don't already have AE open, go to another tab and log into your AE dashboard account. Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
2. In the Connect Your Social Apps section, select the Spotify icon
3. Paste your Client ID and Secret into the AE window and press Activate service
4. You can see your Spotify app is live with AE
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.