To start collecting social registrations with YouTube, you need to get your YouTube app up and running.
Create Your App on Youtube
1. Log into Google at the Google API Manager site and visit the API Library page.
From the Library page, choose the category YouTube on the left-hand side.
2. Click on the YouTube Data API v3 icon
3. Click the blue Enable button
You'll get a working page and then see the page refresh, showing that you have your YouTube API up and running.
Click Credentials on the sidebar.
6. Select OAuth consent screen from the sub-menu bar
7. Fill in your brand & company details
8. Consent screen saved
After a few seconds your info will be saved and you'll see the Credentials screen again. From the Create credentials drop-down, select OAuth client ID.
9. In the Create client ID screen, select Web application
10. Fill in your AE details
There are four fields to fill in with AE details.
Authorized redirect URIs (2 URLs)
If you're on a custom AE Enterprise plan you'll have a custom domain. Make sure to add it in front. E.g.https://sony.theappreciationengine.com/YouTubeAuthenticator_Controller
11. Successfully created!
You'll get a pop up with your client ID and client secret.
Setup Your Youtube App in AE
1. Go back to your AE dashboard tab
If you don't already have AE open, go to another tab and log into your AE dashboard account. Click on AE Connect from the AE header.
2. From the Connecting Your Social Apps tab, select the YouTube icon
3. Copy your client ID and client secret into the AE window and press the Activate service button
4. You can see your YouTube is live with AE
5. Get it verified
Recently, Google has put in a review process so your app can be verified. We highly recommend you follow the process outlined here to get your AE app verified. It takes between 24-72 hours for Google to approve and verify your app.
The basic steps are:
- Verify your domain with the webmaster tools
- Complete the App Form
Good luck and let us know if you need any help!
Connect other social networks:
Or choose from the full list.
If you are ready, install AE Connect, our social login solution, into your website.